As an employer, you’d want to be on top of the situation when it comes to your business. This is your empire and you would want to keep it working well. One way you’d be able to keep your business going well is by making sure that you take care of the most important assets of your business, your employees. That is why you should make sure that your employees are okay and inspired to work.
Recently, a study was made and it came up with top 10 issues that get your employees concerned. Here are some of them.
- Aiming for higher salaries and compensation. Everybody knows their worth and that is why it is normal for people to seek “greener pastures”.
- The benefits that are offered to them. More than getting the right compensation, employees want to get a great benefits package. These underrated perks help inspire workers as much as wages do.
- The company’s payroll rules. Employees work for a reason and their financial stability is one of those reasons. That is why employees are also eager to know how they can get their pay increase and if your company’s rules suit them.
- Fair pay. Employees don’t just want to get huge paychecks. They want to know if wages that they are receiving are at par with other companies in the same industry.
- Favoritism. Employees obviously work hard because they want to get notice. If they feel that their efforts are put in vain and there are obvious favorites in the office, they’d feel uninspired.
- Their relationship with the Human Resources Department. The HRD is the employees’ window to get to the company’s management. With the absence of good HR professionals, it would put a strain in the relationship between the employees and the company that is why it is important to put up a competent HRD team.
- Micro-management. Some people have a problem with authority. Being managed too much is something that irritating and that breeds mistrust between the employees and the employers. Sometimes, it is good to let your employees do their thing and trust them to do well in whatever it is that they are doing.
- Miscommunication. Communication in everything is a key. That is why you should make it a point to make clear, constant communication with your employees to avoid misunderstanding in the workplace.
- Overwork. This is not only something that concerns employees, this is also illegal. California has a lot of employment laws and getting your employees overworked is something that can get you to jail. Ask any Los Angeles attorney and he or she’d tell you that you can get jailed for this.
- Workplace conditions. Having a good place to work inspires employees to work harder and be more productive. This doesn’t only boost productivity in the office; it also inspires people and makes them feel better about work.
These legitimate concerns by employees are critical in ensuring that they are happy and contented in the workplace. One way that could help you is to ask a Los Angeles employment lawyer to familiarize yourself with various employment laws to help make you a better boss.